About the law firm
With over 50 years in existence, Cook & Tolley, LLP, is known throughout Georgia for handling clients’ needs with excellence. We have kept our firm small enough to provide personal, one-on-one attention to our clients, yet big enough to offer a range of services.
Clients trust us with the most serious situations in their lives. Wrongful death, permanent catastrophic injury, high profile criminal charges, and divorce are just some of the matters we handle on a daily basis. While handling such crises, though, we also help to make our clients’ futures more secure through our real estate, business, and estate planning services.
We listen to our clients’ needs and make sure those needs get met. We are very accustomed to speaking up for clients whose opponents are better funded or more powerful than our clients are. We provide strength that you otherwise would not have.
In other words, we are experienced, respected, and tough.
Our lawyers handle cases all over Georgia while being proud to call Athens home. Our firm is located in historic downtown Athens, directly across from the Athens-Clarke County Courthouse and three blocks from the University of Georgia campus.
Being based in a smaller, thriving town helps us relate to our clients’ needs throughout Georgia. We understand the demands of urban life, and we know how to communicate with rural Georgians.
We are problem solvers. Please let us know how we can help solve your problems in any of the following areas:
- Medical malpractice – speaking the language of medicine and the language of law fluently to pursue justice when a healthcare professional breaks your trust.
- Nursing home neglect – getting to the root of why your loved one was injured or killed in a nursing home.
- Automobile and trucking wrecks – treating you like an individual, taking your injury seriously.
- Premises liability – holding a store or landowner accountable when its unsafe premises cause you to slip and fall, trip and fall, or otherwise get injured.
- Civil litigation – solving your conflicts in the best way possible, including complex problems.
- Criminal defense – protecting your rights when the government accuses you of a crime.
- Business law – helping you establish your business and make it prosperous through strong contracts and litigation when needed.
- Divorce and custody – developing a strong future for you and your children when your marriage has ended.
- Estate law – creating wills and trusts that make sure your priorities endure.
- Banking and commercial lending – using creative problem solving to help you seal the deal and make sure all parties perform as they promised.